What to eat and what to avoid with hypertension.
Dietary and lifestyle factors, obesity and other issues can contribute to hypertension. Changing your diet can help.
Sergey Kalitenko MD’s suggestions:
- AVOID salt and sodium-heavy foods.
- AVOID alcohol, smoking, and refined carbohydrates.
- Increase consumption of fruits and vegetables, especially celery, garlic and onions.
- Eat seeds, and nuts such as walnuts, which are rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Eat cold-water fish.
- Eat leafy green vegetables, which have a high magnesium and calcium content.
- Eat citrus fruits, broccoli and other foods rich in vitamin C.
Call for an appointment now
(516) 467 0253
(718) 382 9200