Nutrition needs for dementia patients.
People suffering from dementia tend to have two nutrition-related problems:
- a diet low in important nutrients, vitamins, micro- and macro-elements, and omega 3 fatty acids, among other nutrients, and
- aluminum toxicity may also play a role in dementia.
Dr. Kalitenko’s suggestions:
- Avoid aluminum in cookware, aluminum foil, and other products that contain aluminum, such as antacids and antiperspirants.
- Maintain steady blood sugar by eating high complex carbohydrates: starchy foods like potato, rice, etc.
- Increase consumption of fruits, vegetables, and cold-water fish.
- Avoid processed food, refined sugars, and fruit juices.
Call for an appointment now
(516) 467 0253
(718) 382 9200