Eating to fight diabetes.
Carbohydrates are considered a primary cause of type 2 diabetes. It’s important to have a food plan and to understand which foods are better than others in terms of their Glycemic Index (GI) and your blood-sugar level. You need a detailed eating plan, but there are some general recommendations that any diabetes patient can follow.
Sergey Kalitenko MD’s suggestions:
- Increase your intake of high-fiber foods, legumes, onions and garlic.
- Eat complex carbohydrates like potatoes and rice in moderation.
- AVOID fats, especially saturated and trans fats.
- AVOID processed carbs like juices, candies, cookies, soda, and so on.
- Watch your calories and your weight!
Call for an appointment now
(516) 467 0253
(718) 382 9200